Pages

June 28, 2011

Abstract Landscape Paintings Support Hospice

Club 47 #5
5x7", oil on panel
Available for purchase, click here.



Club 47 #4
5x7", oil on panel
Available for purchase, click here.

Part of this challenge is to really explore color within my paintings. I am preparing for my next series titled "Spirit Places" and want to make sure I stay consistent in color when it comes time to paint these landscapes larger. I am focusing on a more neutral color palette which allows me to bring in many different grays. What may look gray and blah on my palette appears purple and warm in a painting. This is by far the hardest part of painting is creating color and knowing when and where to use it. There are things I love about these paintings and things I cannot wait to change once painting on a larger scale. It will be fun to see the comparison in the end. 

You can support Hospice by purchasing one of my Club 47 paintings! To learn more about the Hospice chapter please visit https://www.stpetes.org/hospital/home-health-care/hospice

You can see more of my work at www.marissavogl.com or follow me on facebook.

1 comment:

  1. Great challenge! Read about you on Etsy. Love the energy in your paintings and the color. Good luck finding buyers for all these great paintings.

    ReplyDelete