Pages

April 13, 2011

Oyster Bank I

24 x 18, oil on canvas

The first painting of three titled Oyster Bank. Each painting consists of the same subject and landscape, a bank made up of oyster shells along the marsh and Stono River of Charleston, South Carolina. Painting this same scene many times over allows me to demonstrate how different color combinations can evoke different moods within the same landscape. Though these colors are similar through out each peice, it is lovely to see the drama unfold differently depending on how much or how little of one color is used. Such as the almost black in Oyster Bank I versus Oyster Bank III as well as the usage of orange. How artists use line, shape and color is what makes us unique, I love exploring all of these elements!

You can see more of my work at www.marissavogl.com

No comments:

Post a Comment