Pages

February 18, 2012

A ROMANTIC STROLL UNDER THIS OLD OAK

"Southern Stroll I"
10x10, oil on canvas


Last week we took our kiddos fishing off the local Greenway path which is right by our house. After untangling the mickey mouse push button pole and baiting it with some shrimp, Taj my 5 year old managed to pull up his first crab! He (the crab) fell off before we could pull it in but in the mind of a 5 year old it totally counts! On our walk back (fishless, crabless, and shrimpless) was this beautiful oak tree with the moon sitting pretty just above her. It was the perfect evening; an adventure for my children and a nice romantic walk with my man...awhhh.

Oak trees are incredibly challenging for me to paint so I think I will tackle this same composition a few more times. 


1 comment: